May 7, 2008


Hello there,


Yesterday in vocational day my host Gordan Drake took me to his work, to the University of Windsor. We walked around the campus and visited physics labs. Then we went for coffee with a wonderful man from Hungary, professor Mordechay Schlesinger. We were compering our mother tongues and found out lots of similarities.
After that we met professor Angela Sodan from School of Computer Sciences. She told about her research, job scheduling for clusters and grids. She is doing amazing work there and I got some ideas for my master's theses.
Then we quickly met the head of Computer department Akshai Agarwal and had nice little chat with him.
After visiting the university Gordon drove me to St. Clair College. Jamie Wilson, chair in School of Business & Information Technology. He gave me a tour in College and we visited many different departments and met many wonderful people. We had a lunch with Ruth Susannah, Professor in School of Business. Ruth is doing same kind of work as I do back in Finland so we shared many ideas. Of their curriculums I got ideas how to improve ours.
At the dinner in our host family, we had a visiting professor from Cuba Victor Fajer. See, how international this programme is!
Virve